Alfalfa Whole Leaf Powder
The word “alfalfa” comes from the Arabic phrase, al-fac-facah, meaning “father of all foods.” It stands to reason, alfalfa is extremely nutritious. The extensive root system allows the plant to absorb a high level of nutrients from the soil. Alfalfa leaf contains essential vitamins including the entire spectrum of B-vitamins, A, D, E and K. Alfalfa Leaf is a source of iron, niacin, biotin, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous and potassium. Alfalfa is a source of chlorophyll. Compared to other plants, alfalfa leaf is very high in protein and amino acids.
Health Benefits of Organic Alfalfa Leaf
Alfalfa has been used and appreciated all over the world for centuries. A comprehensive list of its benefits would be very long, but common benefits attributed to alfalfa include:
- Detoxes the urinary tract
- Purifies the blood and liver
- Has a strong alkaline effect on the body
- Promotes bowel movement regularity and healthy hydration
- Eases general digestive problems
- Contains high levels of enzymes for food digestion and assimilation
- Lowers bad cholesterol, and reduces incidence of atherosclerotic plaque
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels, especially when taken with manganese
- Supports the pituitary gland
Alfalfa is generally safe when consumed by healthy persons but there are situations where caution is appropriate. Some people have experienced a mild upset stomach or lupus like effects. Because of this, persons with autoimmune disease or hormonal cancer should avoid alfalfa. Pregnant women and persons with gout should also avoid alfalfa. Consult your healthcare provider before using alfalfa leaf if you are currently taking any form of medication or dealing with an autoimmune disease.